The Lucerne Upgrade

17:48 Nicole Tay 0 Comments

  After the tutorial, I upgraded my mock up models including the base model based on Ms sharmila suggestions. I had trying out different materials in this series of mock up compared to the previous one which I only used mounting board. I found out my light piece look more interesting after the  upgrade. Basically, base model is just made it slanted so it wouldn't look so symmetrical.
Base model and step one upgrade sketch
Base model reposition

Step 1 upgraded model
 I made it more 3D form for step one compare to my previous model where the mounted side were flat. I just detached the tube form from the previous one and upgrade here using the balsa wood stand.




Step two mock up model
  For step two, I changed the material to art card and I added a main stand so that it look more tidy in the form of composition. I also changed the stand so that it can hold the model better.
Step 2 upgrade sketch
Step two mock up model


Step 3 mock up model
  In step 3, I added a ring on top of the biggest ring so that it can trap the light. I also play with ring size and the height of the gap. I did some cutting of the pieces so that it form some nice shade and shadow. 
Step 3 upgrade sketch


Step 3 first development
  For this development was suggested by ms Sharmilla through Padlet. She told me to play with the size of the pieces. But I just randomly match the ring size and the size of pieces which I regretted as it destroyed the hierarchy. 




Step 3 final development
 After this series of upgrade, I actually did more development on my step 3. I get my ideas from the book called "siteless 101 architecture form" also some ideas from the google image. I realise that the more I flip through this kind of books, the more ideas I get which really impressed me. So for the biggest ring form, I made it to become a lantern form using strips. This time, I matched well with the ring size and the size of pieces.
Step 3 further development sketches

Step 3 finalised

  

You Might Also Like

0 comments: