Malaysia Graffiti Artist - Kenji Chai

07:44 Nicole Tay 0 Comments

   Kenji Chai, my favourite graffiti artist, is from Sandakan. He studied graphic design at CAA college in Kuala Lumpur. He studied and worked in graphic design field but there was a certain sense of detachment between him and the artwork. In 2008, he discovered graffiti and felt that the sense of self satisfaction in doing graffiti. He had done a lot of graffiti around KL, Penang and Pangkor island. He just to have a name "Black Fryday", it is a combination of his favourite colour and favourite weekday. There's a graffiti drawn by Kenji Chai near the road to terminal bus bandar tasik selatan which is near my house too. He change it every year before Chinese New Year but his signature dog "Chai-go" will always be there.
Kenji Chai
His series of "Chai-Go"
His graffiti at Nando's KL
His Chaigo at Penang!
Collaboration of him and Nippon paint


I really love his Chai-Go as the colour combination and composition really attracting to me. I always looking forward for his next artwork which near my house every year.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: