Stargazing Up The Hill - Model Making

21:19 Nicole Tay 0 Comments

  Here's come assignment 4 which was given on 3 May 2017! This is the best assignment among all! I don't like model making but I love model making of houses. Weird me! Maybe because I like measurement and squarish stuff. We are divided into groups for this assignment. I'm the group leader and my teammates are Emily, Pei Mun, Carmen and Heidi. So, first thing to do after got this assignment is we look through the floor plan and get the measurement of every single furniture. We searched on internet to get the standard sizes of the furnitures. After that, I distributed the house into five parts - kitchen & walkway, living room, bathroom, bedroom, wardrobe. So, each member gets one part and do the furniture for that area [ PM - bathroom, C - wardrobe, H - living room, E - bedroom, N - kitchen & walkway. I'm in charge of getting the materials like balsa wood, foam board, MDF, etc.
  We had second meeting on the following Monday. During the meeting, we drew the floor plan on the MDF board and some of my teammates try out to do the window as a mock up. Then, we finished up our furniture and we plan to have another meet up to build the model up. 
  Third meet up - I printed the floor texture that we all agreed on it. Then, some of them in charge of building the frame and partition and I in charge of doing the interior and the windows. Heidi did the roof with my suggestion of skylight. The whole process was fun and amazing! Building tiny miniature is better than building big models. I really enjoy the process of making this model. Just that I need to be more cleaner on doing models. There's a lot of superglue white marks on the perspex and plastic sheet. Also, need to be more accurate on the measurement. I actually accidentally cut 100mm more for the partition on ground floor. I admitted that's was my fault which made the furniture on second floor is "out of the house". I'm sorry teammates!
  For the presentation board, I named it as "Stargazing Up The Hill" because when I look at this house, it feels like a mansion on top of the hill. It looks so relaxing.Also, the main purpose of the skylight is star gazing and that's why I named it "Stargazing Up The Hill".

Isometric view
Right side of the house
Left side of the house
Windows
skylight at bedroom 
skylight at living room
Second floor - bedroom, wardrobe with void
First floor - bathroom, kitchen, living room, walkway
Second floor

Bedroom and wardrobe


First floor
Living room with build in tv cabinet
Top view of living room


Bathroom


Kitchen and Bar Lounge 


A3 documentation

You Might Also Like

0 comments: