Red

20:52 Nicole Tay 0 Comments

  I'm so impressed by every of her artworks/projects. I still can't forget the feeling when I first saw her artwork. I couldn't think of using that way to present my artwork. Red Hong Yi, the artist I had admired for a long time yet still always surprise me with her works. She is a Malaysian and now working at Shang Hai. Graduated from University of Melbourne with a Bachelor of Planning and Design, and a Master of Architecture. She always explore material and from there, she has a nickname, an artist who 'paints without paintbrush'. She use her surrounding stuff as her material on her 'canvas'.
   The artwork I get impressed first was the bear. She stamp the whole picture of bear by using celery stalks.

Portrait Series
Adele, use melted candle
Jay Chou, coffee cup stains
Lucio Dalla, coffee cup stains
Jamie Oliver, using veggies
Jackie Chan, using 64,000 wooden chopsticks
Teh Tarik man, using 20,000 tea bags
 Petal Series




Plate Series


Star Wars Series

Darth Vader made of tin foil 
R2-D2 made of sliced up graphics card
Princess Leia silhouette made of cut up jeans

Grid Series
Chicken, using goji berries
Cat, using blueberries

Merlion Project
use 15k burnt chopsticks




Uniqlo USA Project

Rolling socks

You Might Also Like

0 comments: